Tweet World Travel strongly commits a high standard of its clients’ personal information and we take every reasonable measure to ensure clients’ information is secured. All users of our website and our service providers agree to act in accordance with this policy.
2. DATA COLLECTION
3. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number and other contact details;
- Age or date of birth;
- Photographs or other images;
- Passport details, travel preferences and experiences, travel rewards and loyalty program membership details;
- Health and medical information relating to your current and previous health status, current and previous medical conditions, dietary requirements and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- Financial information such as credit card information or bank account numbers;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, standard web log information and page interaction information;
- Details of the services, products and goods we (or any of our Associates) have provided you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services, products and goods and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through the Website or indirectly through your use of the Website or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information you provide us (or our Associated or agents or representatives) through customer surveys;
- Personal information based on your activities on the Website; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you or from third parties who include, but are not limited to:
- Travel agents or agencies that you have dealt with,
- Persons acting on our behalf;
- Other persons related to or affiliated with us; or
- Your insurer (including their agents) or medical persons or practitioners that you have dealt with (this information may be disclosed to us in your best interest or in the interest of other persons or in an emergency).
We may also collect personal information when you:
- Register on or make use of our Websites;
- Request a service, product or good from us
- Communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites.
When you provide your personal information to us to make an online booking with us (or our representatives or agents) or to request other services or products from us, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed.
Any sensitive information that we collect from you will be subject to a higher level of privacy protection.
We may also record both in-bound and out-bound telephone calls or collect information when you use our Live Chat feature on the Website to speak with our consultants or representatives. We do this to ensure quality of service and for training purposes.
4. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact you;
- To conduct our business or provide you with services or products requested by you;
- To enable you to access and use the Website;
- To operate, protect, improve or optimise: The Websites, our business, our user experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing.
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts;
- To send you information requested by you;
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners or Associates that we think you may find interesting;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners or Associates;
- Verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any our customers or you, and enforce our agreements with you or any third parties;
- To manage our relationship with you, including providing you with updates about your travel arrangements, responding to your enquiries, completing reservations, dealing with complaints, contacting your nominated emergency contact in the event of an emergency;
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where such persons (or Tweet World Travel) need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or other persons or in a case of an emergency;
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Tweet World Travel or our business partners or Associates may send you direct marketing communications and information about our (of their) services and products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out on the Website.
We may take or collect images that identify you when you travel with us or any of our Associates or third-party businesses or travel suppliers. These images may:
- Take the form of photographs or videos or such other pictorial representation;
- Be taken by us or any of our Associates or third-party businesses or travel suppliers;
By accepting our services, you authorise us to take and collect these images. Please notify us in writing by using the contact details set out in the Website if you do not wish for us to take or collect these images.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Our employees, Associates and related persons;
- Third party suppliers and Service Providers (including providers for the operation of our Website or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- Professional advisers or consultants, dealers and agents;
- Travel agents, airlines and tour companies;
- Web hosting providers and IT systems administrators,
- Debt collectors and payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- Existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition;
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
- Africa, Asia, America and Europe; and such other countries referred to on our Website.
- We will only disclose your personal information to overseas recipients where: it is necessary to complete the transaction or dealing that you have entered into;
Where you provide us with your personal information for the purposes of booking travel related services on your behalf or on behalf of another person, we may be required to provide such personal information to Service Providers you have selected or that are required for the purposes of completing a booking or providing other services or products to you. We have limited (or no) control over how Service Providers use, disclose or store personal information.
6. USING OUR WEBSITES AND COOKIES
As mentioned above, we may collect personal information about you when you use or access the Website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of the Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your device.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on the Website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences and collect your personal information. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but the Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
By making use of the Website, You agree that we can place cookies on your device and accessing or making use of them when you visit the Website or otherwise in the conduct of our business.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example:
- We have extensive firewall and intruder detection systems in place to constantly monitor online traffic and financial transactions. The secure connection between your browser and our systems for transfers of private information (which includes but is not limited to financial transactions, bookings forms and survey responses) uses TLS 1.2 (SSL) encryption. This security is compatible with all modern browsers.
- For credit card security, all online payments are transmitted via this SSL connection. Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
- For personal information security, all account password is encrypted using MD5 + HASH encryption methodology during password transmitted and storage.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You acknowledge that you provide us with your personal information (including financial information) at your own risk and we are not be liable for any loss, expense or cost suffered by you as a result of a person using or accessing your personal information.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for, and to the extent permitted by law, you expressly release us from and against, any liability or loss incurred or suffered by you relating to or caused by any breach of the security that we have in place to protect your personal information.
8. FURTHER INFORMATION AND CONTACTING US
9. MAKING A COMPLAINT
We have procedures in place for dealing with complaints and concerns about our practices in relation to the Privacy Act and the APPs. If you have any concerns, please contact us at:
Customer Liaison Manager
Phone: 1300 739 652
Address: 544 Magill Rd, Magill, SA 5072
and we will respond in writing to your concerns. If we have not been able to resolve your complaint satisfactorily, you may contact the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner.